Leadership versus Management – they both have many facets, but the ones that distinguish leadership from management are clear:
- You have a clear and compelling vision
- You are true to who you are
- You have the courage to pursue your vision
- You are a keen listener, and embrace collaboration as a means to achieving the vision
- You make strategic decisions in a timely manner…you don’t procrastinate
How do you fare on these facets? Here is a MINI-QUIZ you can use:
Rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 5, with five being completely agree and one being completely disagree. The higher your score the better you are at these facets!
- FOCUS: I have a clear and compelling vision that states an END result, and does NOT describe how it will be achieved
- AUTHENTICITY: I have a high degree of self-awareness, understanding both my strengths and limitations
- COURAGE: I possess the courage and determination to identify and take action on those changes, both personal and organizational, that will propel us forward towards the vision
- EMPATHY: I am a keen listener, and respect others’ points of view, especially as they relate to the changes identified at 3 above
- TIMING: I make strategic decisions and take action in a timely manner…I don’t get caught up in endless dialogue about change
That’s it! Let us know how you fare!